Monday, September 23, 2013

Energizer Mema

Mom could have been the energizer bunny yesterday. She kept going and going and going and going.  I was absolutely worn out.  Worn to a frazzle. Had a lot of extra laundry to do because of an accident.  I thought I would never finish with laundry.  Geesh.

She played with "Pete the Repeat Parrot" She asked for her bird.  So glad she remembered - her new phrase is "Top of the morning to you!"  It has been so funny to hear it. Melecia said she is having a good day. 

  I finally got out to go to store - and I stopped for my Sonic drink.  Nothing like Dr. Pepper with Sonic ice!  Plus the break away.

Steve and I are taking a trip to Gatlinburg in a few weeks - utilizing respite care and such.  This is a much needed break.  I have a strong feeling we will be enjoying colors and the view than a lot of the touristy stuff. 

I am cooking dinner in the crockpot today - found a roast on sale - so there ya go - threw in some potatoes.  My hubby is not a casserole kind of guy.  Not a soup/stew guy - and I am.  So it always seems to be meat and potatoes.  How to compromise??

Much on my mind, Rusty, work, my friend N.S., mom.  It is hard to focus.

No comments: