Monday, September 30, 2013

1st Day of Chemo for Rusty

Today marks the 1st day of chemo for my nephew Rusty.  And already changes have been made.

Initially - it was gong to be 5 days a week for three weeks - then a week off.  Now it is 5 days one week, then two weeks with one day of treatment each. I am looking at this as a positive sign.

Specific prayer requests in regard to Rusty - and trust me cancer affects the whole family.....

They had a T-shirt fundraiser - and they raised enough to cover one month's of living expenses.  I did not buy T-Shirts - we helped in another way.  Other fundraisers are being planned and a website for updates - will be up and running soon.  Really and truly we just need "living money" at the moment - the doctors have said they will treat Rusty no matter what.

He is/was living with his twin brother - his brother is a single dad - they split the bills down the line - Rusty is not working - no income - so his brother will be hurting a tad. 

His truck - he cannot make truck payments or car insurance - no $ coming in.  Short term disability has not kicked in yet - and it won't be nearly enough.  His dad (no longer married to my sister any more) initially was going to help with this problem - but has decided he doesn't want too - not his responsibility.  This is huge!  I wish we could say we are surprised by his dad's actions - but we are not.  Judy has been married to Charlie - who pretty much raised them - and he is awesome.

Judy & Charlie.  Charlie does not work - he is disabled - his heart is below 30%.  Judy is main source of income - with Rusty not being married - there are many times she may need to miss work.  I am trying to get her approved for a laptop - so she will able to work from the Dr's office and home.  I outlined it last night on what she could do - and I think it is a good plan.  She is so funny - she refuses to call me her "supervisor" or "boss" - and when I am busy working on something here - she says...
"Hellooooooooooo"  Working with Judy has been fun. 

The younger brother Ryan - he is a worrier - like his momma.  They all are close and I am so grateful.

The good I have seen come from this....

Though my sisters may never be close.......they are "talking" now via Facebook - and that is good.  They really and truly have never got along - with them being 13 and17 years older than me - I was never around - and by the time I knew bit and pieces - I was grown.  Pray God continues to heal their relationship - they actually grew up together! They knew the grandparents I never met.  Mom and Dad were 40 when they had me - they knew our parents when they were much younger.  They have more in common than they think!



No comments: