Wednesday, February 13, 2008

HOUSE AND RINGS

Well, we are so close to closing on our house. I cannot tell you how excited and happy I am. If I think about it too much, I cry. God is so good. I won't believe it until we have the key in hand.

We bought our wedding rings yesterday. I can't wait for Steve to put mine on my finger and me do the same for him. Simple rings - but with a message and meaning so deep and real.

When I look back on my life over the past 10 years - I have been through so much. God has carried me through every step. Just last summer, I had given up on ever meeting someone. Then I go to a Sunday School Party and it all changes. The love I feel for Steve is so different. It is not a young love. It is a mature love that grows daily-through every day life. But it is a love that still makes your heart skip a beat and you feel protected at the same time.

So, I say all this if you are single - don't give up. Continue to pray, to be faithful - God has someone for you. And for pete's sake - make sure you go to a Sunday School party!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went back to church for the first time in 15 years two weeks ago. I was amazed that the roof did not cave in or the church burn down. I did not go to meet a man, or find anyone. I went because I needed to, to find God again.

He has a plan for me, and I still believe Batman is part of that plan, I no longer know to what extent. It doesn't matter that I don't know right now, I will know when I need to know.

B.R.M said...

Hi MO Becky - God is there - always has been - sometimes we close our eyes and do not see.

You are right, God has plan for you. You are valuable and important.

But sometimes, you have become stronger as one before we become part of two.

Take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome. Our God is so good. He has just been waiting for you to come back to Him - because He never left you!

You have taken the first step to the rest of your life - in the right direction!

MarmiteToasty said...

I wanna cry when I come over here and read your posts of such love and tenderness.... you truely truely are BOTH blessed.....

I walked quietly through the church in our village yesterday, it was the church where I got married (spit) lol and it is the church were me 4 lads were christened..... its changed a lot.... its 125 years old and a few years ago the congregation grew to big for it, so they built an extension on the side.... it doubled the size of the inside space.... I much prefered the church how it was..... but then HE dont need me there taking up space LOL



x