You find the most interesting things while cleaning....
For my Labor Day holiday - I spent the day cleaning and organizing. And I didn't want the kids to help - because it was my day to sort, toss, and throw out stuff - and since I am the mom, I can do that occasionally-and feel no guilt.
But you really do find the most interesting things while cleaning.
Pennies - I could probably pay the National Debt with all the pennies I found.
Batteries - No they don't work - for they would not be in the shoe box, behind the television, under the bed, in a pair of jeans, in a sock, and lodged in a remote control car.
Pencils - They were everywhere - shoe box, under the bed, in my sock drawer (no I did not put it there), you name it, you could find them there.
Scissors - I don't even want to know why and who. But I found them in the shoe box (and believe or not there were shoes in the shoe box), taped to a closet door, in box of baseball cards, and so on. I vaguely remembe finding all of our scissors not too long ago - and putting them in our desk - but they just walked away.
Black Magic Markers- Found black markers of every brand and size in about 6 places.
Green Army Men - If I didn't know better I would swear they were having sex and reproducing themselves - but somehow the children turn out to be red, brown, green and yellow.
Socks - Both of my kids have socks now. They didn't before today -because the one who is responsible for laundry - stuffs everything in any corner/nook she can find.
Shampoo Bottles - You know the ones I am talking about - they have about a dime's worth of shampoo in them. Well today all those in the bathroom were thrown out, along with more army men, and about 25 pink razors.
Tampons - they were in every purse/bag my daughter uses. Oh, I am sorry, you are not supposed to know we use those in this house.
Flip Flops - I bet I found 6 pair in every place but the right place.
Hair Brushes - So, that's where they were! Right beside the tampons in my daughter stuff.
Nail Clippers - We now have 5,000 pair in one spot - but don't blink - they'll disappear.
Keys - I don't even know what these keys open.
Underwear - Same story as the socks.
Cups/Glasses/Silverware/plates - Everywhere but the kitchen.
I could keep going - but it all has me thinking - how does this happen? Geesh. We are not total slobs or totally disorganized - so how does it happen?
No comments:
Post a Comment