This new world I'm in.....
For those of you who don't know - I entered the dating world this weekend. I was nervous and scared. My confidence wasn't there.
I've known him for a few years now - so we didn't have that "we don't know each other" type conversations. That eased my mind a whole lot. We also both confessed - it had been some time that either of us had been "out" on an official date. Okay, it my first date since my divorce on what seems like a million years ago.
We had a good time -dinner and a movie (3:10 to Yuma - excellent movie by the way!).
He held the door open for me - opened my car door for me-waited for me when I was in the restroom, etc. Things my ex never did.
I introduced him to my favorite place, Barnes and Noble (we were waiting for the movie - we had time to kill) and he discovered I am a total nerd - I love books.
He understands my position as a single mom - understands kids activities, etc.
I have a lot of worries and thoughts in my head. If the dating thing doesn't work out - will I lose my friend? Will it be uncomfortable or awkward? And if you know things are flowing smoothly (when do you know that?) - when do you introduce kids and families?
It felt good to be treated like a girl - a lady. It was fun. By the end of the night I felt good about myself and the date, I hope he felt the same. I hope we go out again.
4 comments:
I am so very proud of you! Way to Go!!!!!
I am proud of you also. You so deserve happiness. You will not lose your friendship - it's too important to you. Confidence is all you need!
Congratulations! It's nice to know that other single gals out there have the same thoughts about dating....I hope this blossoms into something beautiful!
That's great news. I think you should give yourself a big reward.
Post a Comment