A CAR!!!!!!
By this afternoon-if all goes as planned - I will be driving a new car - new to me - but it only has 7,000 miles on and it is a 2007 model!
I cannot tell you how excited and nervous I am. Excited to be driving something that is reliable, safe, and where everything works. (You can play the radio and use the windshield wipers at the same time!) Excited to know I have come so far since my divorce. 8 years ago - I had no idea how I would feed my kids - and now I have a decent car. (At the risk of sounding corny - we really do live in a great country - a land of 2nd chances and opportunity - do we really appreciate how blessed we are?!)
It is a sign that I have truly started over - I know I have so much more to do and more growing to do - but it is a step, I believe in the right direction.
Nervous - because - what if they (dealer and bank) change their mind? I didn't sleep thinking about it - they really are going to do this?
Nervous because of the monthly payment-afraid I will fail -but I cannot and will not mess this up!
God has provided and given me this opportunity - now it is up to me to be a good steward of what He has given me!
Did I mention that I am excited?
No comments:
Post a Comment