Sunday, August 02, 2015

Wreck

Sam had a wreck.  His truck totaled.  He was not hurt.  No one else was involved.  He admitted he was being stupid.  He had been fishing with fellow football players and they took a short cut home on some back road I did not know existed.  He lost control, went into a ditch and hit a tree.
I was just sick when I saw it. The police officer and others seem to think he wasn't really speeding too much because Sam was not hurt, air bag did not go off, but he just lost control.   As you can see the front end totally screwed up and the driver side window out and the door could not be open.  Sam's side took the hit.  Did I mention I was just sick?  So thankful he is okay.


We were able to sell the truck believe it or not. Sam saved up his $ from work and his new job at Naifeh's (my favorite local grocery store) and we found this little ride yesterday.  We have to replace the windshield and it has some little things we gotta take care of - but he has a ride. The story involved in purchasing this vehicle is long and funny.  I was exhausted and sick of dealing with cars.  My friend Carla will tell you car problems and issues are from the devil and I believe it.  I didn't realize how much we went back and forth until I went back to dropping off and picking up.  Please pray with me that Sam learned his lesson and he utilizes common sense.  He learned a lesson, but he is still a teenage boy.  I am putting  Bible in his car tomorrow! It is a 99 Honda Passport.  Runs good, motor clean - like I said - small things that need to be taken care of - but it sounds and rides good.

No comments: