I want to have something relevant and new to say. But it seems the roller coaster ride of Alzheimer's is all I have to talk about.
Good days have outnumbered bad. Mom is walking again - slowly - but walking. I reduced her medicine - and she knows faces to names. And is tying her shoes. Three weeks ago - no way she could do anything. This disease is a mysterious one.
We had stomach troubles - relief finally showed up - and trust me - I used Bran, Bran Muffins, ever possible solution - nothing - and gave the time of 3:00 on Sunday - if something didn't happen - hospital - well thank goodness - relief came. Well, heck fire, it is still coming - I guess that what happens if no potty for about 6 days. Geesh - It is unreal. Poor mom she was so miserable - crying..now she is happy - just a poopie girl. I need it to stop. ha ha.
Sam has strep throat. I really thought he had Mono - he had all the symptoms. My strong boy was so weak and so very tired. He looked tough. But it is strep. He is struggling big time with Algebra and Spanish - and I am no help. Since he was out yesterday, today and tomorrow - I called his counselor - and she is going to talk to the two teachers to help get him up to speed. He shuts down if he doesn't do well. He needs a taste of success in both - he is so smart. He can do it.
Tori will graduate from reserve officer training next week - she is praying they send her to academy. Three positions open. She is taking online classes with Bethel University - accelerated - and geesh they are challenging. If she stays on track and focused - she will have her Bachelors in Criminal Justice - December 2015. She is not hand gun qualified - she will try in October - please pray she passes that. She has passed all other weapons. It was her grip - she has been practicing.
Work is still busy. Very busy. I think I lost my patience today - not with a person - with just the work load. I had to correct someone - and I tried to gently do it - but it went over like a ton of bricks.
On a positive note - work is allowing me to have three boxes of books, I am delivering to some shut-ins. They used them in photo shoots. I have a few ladies, a couple of veterans and a community center who can use them. And will enjoy them. I will toss out the Vampire ones - can't do that.
1 comment:
Your posts are always relevant. I was about to send you an email to see if everyone was ok. Hope all are well soon. Sometimes baby food prunes in the muffin batter helps. God bless you all.
Post a Comment