Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Good Days

This has been a good week for mom - I just put her to bed.  She is still wearing the clothes she had on - she was too hard to change - I will wait until she is deeper asleep.

Melecia is still out  for two more weeks, pray for back to heal.  She also needs the money - but at the same time - it is better to be safe than sorry. We miss her terribly. 

We have been blessed with some excellent caregivers who are filling in for her.  Stephanie - so sweet and kind.  Klorissa - soft spoken and wise.  Myra - new to our home - but has 20 years of experience and is from Syracuse, NY- and speaks so eloquently and is detailed and very kind.  She watched mom on Monday night so I could help out at Sam's game and watch him make three tackles.  And we have Ms. Janice on Sunday - she is a doll - I just love her.

Mom is walking a tad better - I have reduced her medicine and she is more alert.  I don't think she needs all the medicine anymore. But it is nice to see her alert and talking. By the time I get home she is wore smack dab out. 

But in all seriousness, this time last week I thought I was going to call in hospice - but on Saturday she perked up and with each day she is better.  I know I have said this is a progressive disease - but I knew something had to be up - so with the medicine reduction and I think she was having a severe reaction to an antibiotic.  I started flushing her out by having her drink water and juices - and it was amazing the transformation.  She was literally at this time last week,  like a vegetable.  This hateful disease will continue to baffle me.

No comments: