More like mom........
I am sure I am more like my mom than I want to think......
This morning I was putting together in the crock pot beef stew for tonights dinner - I brown my meat before hand with a little oil and flour - makes it a tad thicker. Mom spent the night (though she didn't sleep - another post!) she was s watching me - she said "You make your stew just like me."
That had me to thinking....
My kitchen cabinets/drawers are pretty much arranged like hers. (though now in her Alzheimer state - she rearranged everything last week- and it absolutely messed me up!) Even how my refrigerator is arranged is like hers.
I have started keeping paper plates/cups/forks on the cabinet for the kids to use for sandwhiches instead of messing up dishes and such everytime they grab a snack. She has always done that.
I am sure there are more things that I get from her...
Here is how we are different....
I group canned goods by the food- no mixing peas with the corn, etc. She does not.
I fold towels tighter - she does not
She color codes her clothes - I don't know if this is on purpose - but she does.
I don't know...kind of a weird post...but mind is everywhere today.
No comments:
Post a Comment