Now that I have posted catch up pictures and quick facts, I can get into the meat again. Right now I am sitting at work. It has been a slow July 3rd. Really slow.
I have a page of sorts on FB - Remember me Momma - and I am attempting to write a book. But I have discovered, it is hard to write when you are living it. I have this blog, all my FB posts to copy from, plus a diary of sorts. A friend lost her dad yesterday to this hateful disease of Alzheimer's. His doctor admitted him to psych place (no place for dementia or Alzheimer patients) they over medicated him, he fell and broke his hip. He was there for a medicine evaluation. I am not particularly fond of the place anyway, dad was there and they over medicated him to the point he could only crawl. So, he had hip surgery, went to what was supposed to be REHAB - what the heck ever - it was the same hell hole dad was in. From hip breaking to passing away - one month. He was in Stage two - capable of dressing himself, feeding himself, walking, etc. He was just a tad out of control. His sundowning issue was an embarrassing one - he would make passes at his daughters and any female - and they had to get it under control for him to be around his granddaughters. They trusted those giving them advice. I would go after that farce of psych place and the ignorant doctor who should have know better.
Hospitals, doctor offices, all medical facilities are not equipped for Alzheimer's. Unless they are built and designed for those with the disease specifically, they cannot handle them. Staff is not trained, the facility is not set up. You cannot leave a tray of food with one with Alzheimer's - they will not eat - you have to prompt them. I am hurting for her and I am furious for her. 1 person worldwide is diagnosed every 60 seconds. We are in a epidemic. Politicians do not care, insurance companies do not care, a select group of researchers care.
There is no vaccine, no treatment, no cure - nothing to even try to stop it. The only disease with these facts. No one survives. I am starting to see more and more stores of those with Early Onset Alzheimer's disease. People in their 20's and 30's and they decline faster than those in their 70's-80's.
I would gladly sign up for a study if it would help others. This disease destroys so much. I hate it. Back in the middle of my divorce and single mom years - I thought I hated my ex - oh no - that was anger. I hate this disease.
No comments:
Post a Comment