It has been a week. I am not going to lie. I don't know how I made it through.
First and foremost - please be in prayer for Steve's oldest son - he is 30 years old. And has been diagnosed as bipolar schizophrenia - with suicidal tendencies. He will not accept help or take medicine. I have suspected for years now - but it has been confirmed. Now convincing family that he is not faking or putting on. He is very sick. Mental illness is so real.
Our hot water heater busted on Tuesday - fortunately - we caught it - and it did not leak - it is in the attic - it could have been a huge mess. A new one cost $400. I am not going to lie - I sat down in recliner and cried.
Remember the bill we have been paying one - well they turned over to garnishment - because no one would answer calls, return calls, respond to letters, emails and faxes - over $300 garnished from Steve's check. I managed to get it reduced to $90 per pay period - but if everyone had just responded - it would have happened sooner. It makes me sick. I researched - two Federal trade commission laws were violated. I am not denying the debt - but how it was handled was unethical and just plain wrong. I am going to contact a lawyer to see what options there are - I cannot believe this - we were following the Dave Ramsey plan - and were making so much headway - no complaints, no letters, no notices, and this happened. I am so blasted aggravated.
____________________________________________________________________
Mom has not been sleeping - nada - zippo - I am tired.
____________________________________________________________________
Thanksgiving was wonderful - simple. We did have Steve's two uncles, his dad and his oldest son out - and it was nice. It was nice to set the table and everyone sit and talk instead of chaos. Mom ate a great meal and did well with the company.
_____________________________________________________________________
I just ask for prayers - I am so tired, discouraged - you name it.
No comments:
Post a Comment