We were in for most of the time. Steve and I had date night Saturday night. We ate at Corky's and saw Captain America - it was pretty good. Before the movie we went to Kohls and was pleased to learn they closed on Easter. Good for them!
Mom was pretty good all weekend - we had moments. She seems to sundown now between 2:00-4:00. I am changing medicine times up to see if that helps any. She just goes and goes and goes, she is like the energizer bunny.
We did not make it to church - but I am so glad we were able to go last week for the Easter Celebration at church. Still missed it though. I did cook out hamburgers and hot dogs. I also made a strawberry cake and a chicken casserole. My feelings were momentarily hurt that my sisters did not have or even bother to invite us over to their different things - but I got over it. hmmmmmm But it still bothered me just tad to see pictures on Facebook and such.
Honestly - I was so tired the whole weekend. It was unreal. It took everything in me to get out Saturday. Tori took care of mom the whole time -but I could have gone to bed. I know I looked terrible when we went out - but oh well!
Still waiting on insurance on what they will pay for dental work.
I think we are going to have break out the lawn mower and trim up this week. First time all season. I want to put in rock garden in the back - where a flower garden used to be. Low maintenance. Surely it won't cost too much - I want to start with basic rock -and then add large pieces, etc. I have it in my head. And maybe some large pots for flowers. Or even a stone bench -on thing at a time.
I need to catch up on blog reading - will do that tonight. I am behind.
1 comment:
Glad you two were able to get out. Two of our kids went to see the same movie and they really liked it. I am sorry about the hurt feelings--I really do understand that. At the end of the day, you will know that you did everything you could do for your mom.
Post a Comment