Friday, December 20, 2013

Mom

 
 
I am not going to lie - we have been up and down with mom.  One extreme to the other.  Alzheimer's, I wish I understood just a smidgen of it's purpose.
 
I really thought we would be past the violent stage - but she has moments - the other night - she jumped on me grabbed my neck and bashed it against the door window, thankfully there were blinds there!  I physically lifted her by under her arms to get her off of me.  And she is 130 lbs of dead weight.  Then an hour later - she was weak as a kitten go figure. 
 
We are still reading Bible stories and other books to her. She is hooked on baby Moses story.
 
She is also taking my Nativity figurines and my Christmas village pieces and putting them everywhere - finding them in shoes, her purse, under bed, in the silverware drawer. 
 
Her appetite is still strong and she loves to get made up - make up and hair - though  there are days I want to be lazy -she doesn't want me to be lazy.  ha ha.
 
I get discouraged and tired - I really do....... but then we will have sweet moments.... I love you momma.
 
 

 
 

 
 
In time out - after hitting

 
Doing her favorite thing...mopping.

 
Waiting at doctor!

 
Showing off her new pink sweatshirt from my sister Pam. She received three outfits, socks and make up -her favorite?  Lip stick.

No comments: