13 Stitches.....that's all
Yesterday, I receive a call at work. "Sam has fallen on the playground, he is hurt, they are working on him now." Now how is a mom supposed to react?
I rush out - start driving to the school-receive a call back from his teacher - "It is knee, it is pretty bad, he will need stitches." I start breathing again. (He was running fell on broken concrete)
I check him out - get him to the doctor - it is bad - I see it for the first time and turn white. Blood every where - ugh. No mom likes to her see her child's blood.
They numb his knee - start cleaning it out- that process alone takes 30 minutes. A lot of dirt, rock, asphalt. The hole is bigger and deeper than originally thought.
They numb his knee again - 3 hours later - he has 13 stitches in his right knee.
He had a rough night pain wise-the knee looks terrible (though not as bad as it did pre-stitches)
He has to be very careful with the stitches. We go back to the doctor on Monday. Then he will have the stitches for 2 weeks. Pray he doesn't get an infection! (He is on antibiotics)
2 comments:
Oh my poor Sam....... he will be proud of the scar though when its all over :) I gashed my knee open when I was 9.... had 14 stitches, it was the first day of the easter holidays what a bummer....
Give Sam a hug from me.... he is a proper action man, he will now have the little scar to prove it..... kids aye.... judging by my lads this will NOT be your Sams first incident lol
x
Hppy mothers day dear you..
x
Post a Comment