July 4th Updates.........
I promised I would write to let you know what we did....
July 3rd we went to Navy Lake to watch fireworks with everyone from Tipton County and Millington! Whew. It was nice. We picked up Steve's boys, packed coolers, joined his family for a picnic and fireworks. It was awesome. So, next year, if you are in Millington, TN around the 4th - be sure to check this out. The city of Millington did a great job. (However, be patient when it is time to leave!)
July 4th. Sam and I went to see Kung Fu Panda (real cute by the way - Jack Black does a good job.) Steve chilled out at home-Tori was at a a friends - giving me and Sam some time together - it had been a long time since just the two of us hung out together. That night - the four of us shot fireworks and ate leftovers from the above mentioned picnic-the watermelon was very good. (We also popped in at my mothers for a bit)
July 5th - the really cool part! I won tickets to Kenny Chesney concert in Nashville - now, I have to admit - I am not a huge fan - but I do like him. We didn't know until we were on our way it was a music festival. It was Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban, Sammy Hagar, LeAnn Rimes, and Gary Allen. The concert was at Titan's Stadium - we had to park a 30 minute walk away-after we drove around for 45+ minutes looking for a parking place-prior to this we were on the interstate which was a parking lot-or so it seemed - so we heard Gary Allen and LeAnn Rimes-and saw the others.(we left mid-way through Kenny because we were parked so far away and wanted to beat traffic) Whew. The kids grandparents (their dad's folks) live in Nashville - so they rode with us - stayed overnight with them and Steve and I were able to get a room and have a little time together. Steve and I do not drink alcohol of any sort - we bought a very expensive coke (I am so cheap) - the line was so short to buy cokes-but the line to restroom was long (of course!) We had a good time just being together. The kids had fun with their grandparents - then we left on Sunday - we stopped at the Opry Mills Mall to look around for a bit and headed home.
All in all it was a good holiday weekend - hanging out with family and each other. What a blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment