Tuesday, July 15, 2008

For those of you who don't know....

I serve in Children's Choir at CrossPointe Baptist in Millington. We will begin August 6th. I have been in the process of picking out music for the entire year.

I think I listened to about 15 children's musicals until I found the right one-and trust me they start sounding the same. If it doesn't grab me from the start - I nix it right away. If the dialogue is blah - I nix it, etc. I can't wait to introduce the one I have picked out to the kids-it is about obeying God and the consequences when we don't obey Him. I have picked out music for Thanksgiving and need one or two more for Christmas. I work with a great team and look forward to a new season every year. This year we will practice on Wednesday nights - that is new for me - I will be coming straight from work. How I will teach will be different - because most of the kids, not all - will be in school all day - made to line up, sit down, be quiet, etc... Please pray for all of us! There will be a service at the same time we are in practice and a meal before hand. I am excited about the changes and can't wait to see God work. Come check us out at CrossPointe - I have been a member since 1997 - when it was Second Baptist Church. (I will have to tell you how I heard about Second in another post - it is so funny!) The members of our church are family to us!

No comments: