Tuesday, October 02, 2007

"Just so you know...you don't understand...you don't know anything...it is totally not like you think."

My daughter's words...not mine.

She is almost 15.

I am 38.

I have been told by someone I should tell her this......"I've been 15, you've never been 38."

She is mad because I won't let her "go out" - it's not like it is a date or anything - we just go to the movies. WHATEVER!

Nope, she still can't call boys. Yes, I know, TOTALLY UNFAIR. This isn't 1957 you know! (I let that one slide) (And yes I know she probably sneaks calls - I am not home all the time)

I have "locked" up the computer....a major withdrawal going on here. Yes, I know, TOTALLY UNFAIR.

I have told her she will need to start making some of her own money-by babysitting, etc. She is worried she will have to "give up" her life. IT'S JUST NOT FAIR.

I am trying to figure out how you could love one child so much and be so proud of her and still not get along? This too shall pass? Right? (By the time it passes - my son will be a teenager!)

6 comments:

New Fool said...

Teenage hormones are a formidable force in the world. Adults are always doing anything in their power to try and stop them, I heard.

The fact that she reacts that way should be comforting, because it shows she is a normal human being, striving for more freedom and trying to get what she wants. If she were to say, "OK Mom" and stopped trying to get what she wants, THEN there would be something very wrong.

(Words of wisdom from a non-parent, given with a smile.)

By the way great to hear dating is going so well for you. All the best wishes.

B.R.M said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement!

MarmiteToasty said...

normal normal normal lol...... believe me Im on me 4th teenager LMFAO.....

x

B.R.M said...

Mel - I'm glad you survived the first three - that is why you are doing so well now - you're just too tired to fight it!

:)

MarmiteToasty said...

The word is 'KNACKERED' lol...... actually Ive got 2 teenagers on the go at the moment lol plus the older 2, sometimes I wonder which are the more difficult LOL

x

Anonymous said...

Tell her I said... Go Babysit. Other parents have telephones too, and kids have to sleep sometime. Oh, wait, not helping. Sorry.

The Bible always says "And it came to pass..." Nothing ever comes to stay, and this too shall pass...