Monday, September 18, 2006

HOMEWORK

Homework.....at the very mention of it...I shudder.

My daughter is finally handling her own homework with very little input from. No more fighting her to get it done, no more long nights with her. YEAH! I AM SO EXCITED.

But oh how my son has taken her place at the homework table. He is so dramatic. "I'm tired, this is boring, you're mean, the other kids do their work on the bus and school. Their mom does not make them study." The other day and I kid you not...he was going for the Oscar...."you've changed mom, you've really changed!" I asked how I had changed, he said "you used to be so nice, now you make me do homework!" This was after I had made him sit and complete his work -something that should have taken 15 minutes max - but turned in to two hours. I was exhausted when he finally finished. I just want to write a note to his teacher..to let her know I can spell and do subtraction. And I want a sticker for my efforts!

And by the way...I relish being a mean mom...I tell my kids all the time...they think I am at work...but actually I am taking classes on making their lives miserable. And they are my homework. :)

No comments: