Saturday, April 25, 2015

Hovering Ink Pen

When I was signing the papers for hospice, I had to check or fill out many boxes, health history of mom, did she drink, did she smoke, favorite foods, religious preferences, were final arrangements made, etc.  in the middle of the packet was the page I've decided to call the "hovering ink pen page." 

I chose no feeding tube, no extreme measures and DNR. I looked at this page for an hour before deciding. I remembered the extreme pain and agony my dad was in when mom chose just the opposite for him, it wasn't what he wanted, but I understand why she did it. I am glad I made these decisions along with final arrangements before I need to  make them..still hard...but I imagine a lot easier. 

I still do not like that page.  My copy I have folded up and out of sight.

It is hurting me that no family members outside this household have asked any questions or called. I guess eventually I won't hurt anymore to the lack of caring. Heck. I doubt it. I'm in a lonely spot. 


1 comment:

A Candle to Read By said...

I am sorry--I understand.