Sunday, March 30, 2014

Clean Up Complete

I just finished cleaning carpets with Sam's help - and technically we are not finished - he is going to finish for me tomorrow after school. And that is the room with the biggest need - mom's room.  We just can't do a whole lot when she is awake.  I have cleaned and cleaned all weekend. Laundry basket after laundry basket.  But I can tell you this - house looks and smells better.  To be hones, Tori's room was the worst.  But the germaphobic in me feels much better.  :)

I didn't rush - just did what I could when I could - my bed was the pile up point for laundry - but it is folded and put up.  

We just snacked all weekend - except for last night - Steve and I went out to a local restaurant - I needed the break.  Today - I ran to dollar store and grocery store - and stopped by Sonic for my therapy drink. 

Today, Mom is 84.  My sister Pam and niece Jennifer came by for a visit - mom was alert - and stayed calm all day - played with her babies.

Over all the weekend was okay - not going to lie - Saturday was hard - but a good nights sleep on Friday helped with that.  And today with mom behaving - was good.

1 comment:

A Candle to Read By said...

Glad you have a feeling of getting something done. Do you find that if you take a task at a time (as opposed to the whole picture of CLEANING THE HOUSE), you can get further and become less discouraged? Seems to work for us.