Friday, January 20, 2012

CLEANING OUT THE JUNK....

I must admit 2011 was just a rough year all the way around. But mid - December I decided I needed to clean out the junk. Literally.

I have cleaned out closets, drawers, the garage, the attic, you name it - it has been cleaned - well, not Sam's room...his is a hard hat area - and I will be tackling that one soon... ha ha.

A strong Christian man here at work said this to me and it stuck...he speaks plain - with no fancy words - just tells you like it is. He said "I have learned that if you have a freight train running through your mind - it is hard to pray and give God everything."

How true. I have started cleaning out my mind and heart. How? I have changed what I watch on TV, what I listen to on the radio, even what I read - even if it is the magazines at the check out counter, filter emails and what I read online. And oh what a difference it has made. I was numb to the world around me for so long - insensitive to things that used to offend - like the world - I was glossing over things. And I felt so far away from God. Further than I ever had been. My worship and spiritual growth was hindered.

Now is my life all peaches and cream? No, we are still struggling in so many areas, but I have a sense of freedom and peace that I havent' had a in a long time. I am God's child - He loves me - He know my needs - and my pain. I am closer to Him. I read His word and learn something every day.

Lord, please forgive me when I glossed over things, avoided your truth. Lord, fill me with You, I want to see your face and your eyes.

No comments: