Monday, October 04, 2010

Needing to be needed.......

My mother spent the night with us on Friday night - I am actually trying to do this more often - to let her get used to the house and such, because I know one day - very soon - she will move in with us.

She wanted KFC - so that is what we had - KFC. She then offered to clean the kitchen - we didn't use any dishes and such (used paper plates) - and I told her as much - but she went in there anyway and started cleaning - well she detailed cleaned! (Her house is spotless) - she just cleaned and cleaned - enjoyed it. (she loves to clean and organize)

You know what she said to me? "Well, Becky, you can't help it if you work - and can't clean house." (like my house is a garbage dump! ha!)




But all kidding aside- this made me realized - she needs to be needed.

No comments: